Monday, April 11, 2011

A Thousand Words

It's been a looong and stressful few weeks and my motivation to write in the blog has been more absent than the Red Sox pitching this spring (zing!). Or maybe I'm just lazy. Either way, I present to you: a picture post.

First photo up is Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA. I don't know if I've ever been happier to drink a good beer than I was to drink this one after the disaster that was the last post. The next day I had an Anchor Steam, but hadn't yet come up with the picture post cop out brilliant idea, so no photo.

Good beer, bad picture.
At Lower Depths for the second time this year, I drank Lagunitas Hairy Eyeball and Widmer Deadlift Imperial IPA. I didn't get any pictures of the beers, but I did get a picture of the Tots Supreme: tator tots with blue cheese, and caramelized onions, and a balsamic reduction. Amazing.
Not pictured: Hot dog with mac and cheese. It was not a low calorie evening.
Back home, finishing off the Butternuts mixed pack was Butternuts Moo Thunder Stout. Definitely the best canned stout I've ever had (not that there's much competition).
Next up: another craft brew in a can! I love this trend. 21st Amendment Brew Free! or Die IPA is a good beer with a great name.

Later, the a trip to the Cambridge Marriott hotel bar, where had the  typical uninspired bottled beer line-up, and... Ayinger Brau Weisse? No way.
The lemon slice was uninvited.
We spent a beautiful Sunday walking around Salem, capped off with a stop to Salem Beer Works for their Custom's House IPA. Beer Works makes pretty boring beer, and this was no exception. Meh. No picture needed. Back home, Southern Tier 2XIPA quickly became one of my new favorites.
Oh hey Aaron, and puzzle, and delicious beer.
More words next time. Maybe.

Beers Down: 117
Beers To Go: 248

No comments:

Post a Comment